If your account qualifies for Overdraft Privilege, we will consider, without obligation on our part, paying items for which your account has insufficient or unavailable funds, instead of automatically returning those items unpaid. There is a limit to the amount that we will pay items overdrawn on your account. There is also a fee for this service. Please read the details below or refer to our Overdraft Privilege Service Policy for complete details. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
Overdrafts should not be used to pay ordinary or routine expenses and you should not rely on overdrafts as a means to cover these expenses. If at any time you feel you need help with your financial obligations, please contact one of our Customer Service Representatives.
How to Qualify
Accounts are automatically reviewed, after 60 days, for Overdraft Privilege services. Your account must be in good standing in order to qualify. An account in good standing exhibits, but is not limited to, the following characteristics:
- The account has been open for at least sixty (60) days;
- The account has deposits totaling at least $400 or more within each thirty (30) day period;
- The account demonstrates consistent deposit activity;
- The account owner is current on all loan obligations with us; and
- The account is not subject to any legal or administrative order or levy, such as bankruptcy or tax lien.
What is covered?
Overdraft Privilege is a discretionary service and is generally limited to a $500 overdraft (negative) balance for eligible personal checking accounts. Please note that the per item and continuous overdraft fees count toward your Overdraft Privilege limit. Normal Overdraft Privilege will cover checks and other transactions made using your account number, such as automatic payments. ATM and everyday debit card transactions will NOT be covered until we receive your affirmative consent to do so. Without your affirmative consent, ATM and everyday debit card transactions generally will not be paid under Overdraft Privilege. Please see below for more information about how to extend Overdraft Privilege services to include ATM and everyday debit card transactions.
Transactions will not be processed in the order in which they occurred. Please refer to the Funds Availability Disclosure for additional information on processing. Order of processing will affect the total amount of overdraft fees.
- $30 for each overdraft item whether the item is paid using Overdraft Privilege or returned
- Please note that the payee of the check may charge additional fees for returned checks
- $15 “continuous overdraft fee” is charged on the tenth (10th) business day your account is overdrawn and will continue to be charged for each subsequent ten (10) consecutive business days your account remains overdrawn
- We will notify you by mail if we pay or return any insufficient or unavailable funds item
- We have no obligation to notify you before we pay or return any item
- We will notify you by mail if we charge you a “continuous overdraft fee”
Opt-In or Opt-out
ATM and everyday debit card transactions are NOT covered under normal Overdraft Privilege service without your affirmative consent. Without your consent, if the funds are not available your debit card transactions will be declined.
If you would like to Opt-In and authorize us to pay these ATM and everyday debit card transactions, please fill out the form below or call Customer Service.
You can also Opt-Out of Overdraft Privilege services all together. If you wish for us to always return any check that would overdraw your account, please fill out the Overdraft Privilege Request Form, or call Customer Service.
You can also link another Southwest National Bank account to your checking account to cover overdrafts. If an item is trying to post and the funds are insufficient or unavailable, a transfer will be triggered from the linked account to keep the checking account positive.
The first two transfers each month are free with a $5 charge for each transfer thereafter.
To set up this potentially money saving service visit any of our customer service representatives.